Non-Resident Seller License


Before any alcohol can be imported, shipped or transported into the State of Tennessee for distribution and/or resale, such importer, broker, manufacturer or supplier must be issued a Non-Resident Seller permit from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission. After obtaining that permit, the imported, broker, manufacturer or supplier must register their brands with the Tennessee Department of Revenue. No such permit is required of a TABC licensed manufacturer or winery.

A Non-Resident Seller license expires on December 31st following the date of issue of the license.

You can apply for this license using RLPS.

Click requirements or restrictions to learn more about them.

The alcohol sold must be up to the standards of quality as prescribed by the commission.

No holder of this license, or any officer, director, agent, or employee, or any other affiliate of the holder may:

  • Have any direct or indirect interest in any other business licensed by the TABC
  • Sell liquor in the state that does not meet the quality standards as prescribed by the commission
  • Import alcohol in a non-approved container
  • Solicit or take orders from non-TABC licensed businesses or representatives

Are you ready to apply for a license?


  1. Federal Basic Permit issued by Alcohol & Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau with the U.S. Dept. of Treasury
  2. Certain Government issued photo ID per individual (Click here for more information)