How Do I Change My Health Plan?

Starting in 2010, you can only change your health plan during one month of the year. This will depend on where you live in Tennessee. March, May, or July will be your “open enrollment month”. See the list of counties below on when you can change your health plan.

If you live in West Tennessee, you can change your health plan ONLY during the month of March. West Tennessee includes:

  • Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Shelby, Tipton and Weakly counties.

If you live in Middle Tennessee, you can change your health plan ONLY during the month of May. Middle Tennessee includes:

  • Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Cumberland, Davidson, Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Giles, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Buren, Warren, Wayne, White, Williamson and Wilson counties.

If you live in East Tennessee, you can change your health plan ONLY during the month of July. East Tennessee includes:

  • Anderson, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Franklin, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Polk, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sequatchie, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union and Washington counties.

When can I change my health plan?

You have until the last day of your county’s month to change your health plan.

How do I change my health plan?

You can ask to change your health plan by calling TennCare Member Medical Appeals at 1-800-878-3192.

For more information about changing your health plan, please see your member handbook.