Open and read all mail from TennCare.  Follow the directions and make sure to return requested information.

There are two (2) kinds of TennCare:

For more information on who may qualify, go to the TennCare Medicaid web page.

You can also apply for:

To apply for Katie Beckett, apply online by creating a TennCare Connect account at tenncareconnect.tn.gov.

Do you need help applying for TennCare? There are four ways that you can get help:

  1. You can call TennCare Connect for free at 855-259-0701 to get help over the phone.
  2. You can go to any DHS office in any of Tennessee’s 95 counties. A trained staff person there will help you apply. Call 866-311-4287 to find a DHS office near you.
  3. You can get help from private groups. To find someone near you, call 866-475-7879.
  4. If you have a disability, someone can even come to your house to help you apply for TennCare. Just call your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) at 1-866-836-6678.

For more information about applying, go to the How Do I Apply for TennCare? web page. Or, click here for more information if you need help applying: English or Spanish.

Do you need help with Medicare costs? You can apply for the Medicare Savings Program like QMB or SLMB. This may help your Medicare premiums and cost-sharing.

You can apply online, over the phone, or with a paper application.

For help applying, call the Tennessee State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) at 1-877-801-0044.

Do you need help with Long-Term Care? If you have TennCare, you can call your TennCare health plan (MCO). The number is on your TennCare card.

If you do not have TennCare, contact your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) for free at 1-866-836-6678. Even if you do not qualify for Medicaid, they can tell you about other programs that may help. If you have a disability, they will even come to your house to help you apply for TennCare. Or you can call TennCare Connect at 855-259-0701 for help over the phone.

If you have an intellectual disability or are helping someone with an intellectual disability apply for long-term care, call the Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) for free at 1-800-535-9725.