Tennessee Dairy Business Innovation Initiatives Grant
The Tennessee Dairy Business Innovation Initiatives (DBII) program is funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service. The DBII program was developed to assist regional efforts to support dairy businesses in the development, production, marketing and distribution of dairy products.
Applications may be submitted by new or existing dairy businesses provided the dairy business diversifies dairy product markets to reduce risk and develop higher value uses for dairy products, promotes business development that diversifies farmer income through processing and marketing innovation and encourages the use of regional milk production. For additional information, email email@example.com.
Applications for the DBII subaward grant are due July 15, 2021.
These initiatives serve to:
- Diversify dairy product markets to reduce risk and develop higher value uses for dairy products
- Promote business development that diversifies farmer income through processing and marketing innovation
- Encourage the use of regional milk production
Subaward applications must focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Modernization, specialization, and grazing transition on dairy farms
- Value chain and commodity innovation and facility and process updates for dairy processors
- Dairy product development, packaging, and marketing