Becoming a Qualified Hospital for Hospital PE
The Hospital PE program is entirely voluntary for hospitals. To participate, a hospital must:
- Participate in the TennCare Medicaid program and maintain a network provider agreement with at least one TennCare Managed Care Organization (MCO);
- Be signed up for TennCare Online Services;
- Be located in Tennessee;
- Make determinations consistent with policies and procedures of the state;
- Comply with all training requirements; and
- Comply with all performance standards.
To sign up for the Hospital PE program, a hospital must:
- Complete the Application to Become a Qualified Entity;
- Sign up for TennCare Online Services if you have not already done so;
- Register all employee users with TennCare Online Services;
- Complete the Hospital PE Information Contact Survey;
- Complete, sign, and date the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) ;
- Email both the completed Application to Become a Qualified Entity and the signed MOU to HospitalPE.TennCare@tn.gov or fax these materials to 615-734-5325.
After becoming a Qualified Entity, you will receive instructions to sign up for the TennCare Access portal to submit Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Applications.
Information regarding newborns: Applications for newborns can also be submitted through TennCare Access and will be evaluated for child eligibility categories. However, if the mother is enrolled at the time of the child’s birth and mother’s information is included on the HPE application for the child, the system will automatically approve the child in a deemed newborn category, if applicable.
If you have additional questions, email HospitalPE.TennCare@tn.gov.