April 16, 2018
12:00 am CST
Via conference call/webinar Link: https://zoom.us/j/438660215 Phone number: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 Meeting ID: 438 660 215
Tennessee State Council Meeting
- Welcome – D. McLaughlin
- Call the Meeting to Order – D. McLaughlin
- Roll Call/Verify Quorum – D. McLaughlin
- Introduction of School Liaison Officers – D. McLaughlin
- Purpose – D. McLaughlin
- Review of 2017-2018 Tennessee Cases – D. McLaughlin
- Tennessee Military Connected Children Stats – D. McLaughlin
- Open Military Family Education Liaison Position – D. McLaughlin
- Need to locate a volunteer to fill this position
- The Military Family Education Liaison (MFEL) will:
- Be the first stop for Military Parents seeking assistance in the placement of their dependent military child in a Tennessee Public School under the Military Interstate Children's Compact.
- Document Compact related issues and review the Compact Rules to determine the best course of action.
- Consult with the MIC3 Tennessee State Commissioner to discuss options to resolve the enrollment issue of the dependent military child prior to taking any action.
- Provide Compact related information to impacted school systems.
- Review of Updated MIC3 website http://www.MIC3.net
- Open Discussion
- Important Links