Rules and Policies
Search all State Board rules and policies.
View upcoming meeting dates and agendas.
Learn more about the State Board.
K-12 Academic Standards Review
Learn more about the academic standards review and how to submit feedback.
- July 13, 2023 SBE Rulemaking Hearing - Fiscal Capacity, Universal Student Screeners, and Educator Licensure
- July 13, 2023 SBE Rulemaking Hearing - Educator Preparation, Occupational Scholarship, and Governing Body Training
- July 25, 2023 Standards Review Committee Meeting
- August 3, 2023 SBE Workshop
- August 4, 2023 SBE Meeting
- August 15, 2023 Standards Review Committee Meeting
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.
Resolutions of the Board
Resolutions are the Board's opportunity to express statements or the opinion of its members. Visit the State Board's resolution archive to see all resolutions since 2018.
State Board of Education Seeks Public Feedback to Advance Tennessee’s Social Studies Education Standards
(NASHVILLE, Tenn.) — The Tennessee State Board of Education launched its second survey to collect public feedback on the state’s newly revised K-12 social studies academic standards earlier today, requesting public feedback through March 26, 2023. The K-12 social studies standards set grade-specific goals that establish what students are expected to know and be able to do by the end of a given grade or course. Tennessee’s Academic Standards for social studies include not only key facts and information about social studies, but also concept strands like culture, economics, geography, history, politics/government, and Tennessee history. Social studies practices such as collecting data from primary and secondary sources and constructing arguments by citing supporting evidence are integrated into how the standards are delivered to students.Read full story
- Civic Engagement Can Shape Tennessee History Education
- State Board Releases 2022 Charter School Authorizer Evaluation Outcomes
- State Board of Education Elects New Officers
- Seventh Annual Educator Preparation Report Card Shows Continued Improvements Across High-Demand Endorsements
- Early Literacy is a Top Priority for Tennessee’s Schools and Students
- State Board of Education Considers Changes to edTPA Requirements
Stay up to date with the State Board of Education
Keep up with the State Board and our current initiatives by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and following us on Facebook and Twitter.