Rules and Policies
Search all State Board rules and policies.
View upcoming meeting dates and agendas.
Learn more about the State Board.
K-12 Math Academic Standards Review
Learn more about the academic standards review and how to submit feedback.
COVID-19 Emergency Rules
On April 9, 2020, the State Board of Education convened for a special called meeting to enact emergency rules governing graduation requirements for Tennessee's high school seniors and other necessary rule changes in response to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- July 21, 2020 Charter School Authorizer Evaluation Overview Webinar
- July 23, 2020 SBE Workshop
- July 24, 2020 SBE Meeting
- July 28, 2020 School & Student Health Services Rulemaking Hearing (0520-01-13)
- September 14, 2020 Charter Schools Authorizer Evaluation Rulemaking Hearing (0520-14-01-.08)
- September 14, 2020 Charter Schools Authorizer Evalulation Rulemaking Hearing (0520-14-01-.08)
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.
The Tennessee State Board of Education is inviting the public to provide feedback and comments on the proposals to revise the state’s K-12 mathematics academic standards through May 22, 2020, at 12 PM CT. All Tennesseeans are invited to review the revised math standards through the public review survey. Public comments and feedback will be considered by the Standards Recommendation Committee before the math standards are finalized and submitted to the State Board of Education for approval. These revisions to the math standards were developed by three advisory teams composed of Tennessee K-12 and university educators split between three grade bands: K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Following this review, several educators from each grade band team reviewed the standards for coherence and consistency through all grade levels. On the survey, participants will be able to see the original academic standards and the proposed revisions as they provide feedback.Read full story
- State Board of Education Passes Emergency Rules to Address Ongoing School Closures
- State Board of Education to Address Graduation and Teacher Candidate Requirements Amid Public Health Crisis
- Nine Programs Exceed Expectations in Latest Educator Preparation Report Card
- Advancing Our Schools Through a Strong Teacher Workforce
- Findings and Recommendations Report on Nashville Classical Charter School Appeal Released
- Media Advisory: State Board to Release Enhanced Annual Educator Preparation Report Card
Stay up to date with the State Board of Education
Keep up with the State Board and current initiatives by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and following us on Facebook and Twitter.