Educator Preparation Report Card
Rules and Policies
Search all State Board rules and policies.
View upcoming meeting dates and agendas.
Learn more about the State Board.
K-12 Math Academic Standards Review
Learn more about the academic standards review and how to submit feedback.
- April 30, 2020 SBE Educator Preparation & Licensure Subcommittee Meeting
- May 4, 2020 Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission (MIC3) TN Annual State Council Conference Call Meeting
- May 28, 2020 SBE Workshop
- May 29, 2020 SBE Meeting
- July 23, 2020 SBE Workshop
- July 24, 2020 SBE Meeting
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.
State Board of Education to Address Graduation and Teacher Candidate Requirements Amid Public Health Crisis
Today, the State Board of Education announced that the Board will convene a special called electronic meeting April 9th at 2:00 PM CDT to enact emergency rules governing K-12 graduation requirements for Tennessee’s high school seniors in response to the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis. “Our Board takes our responsibility to students, educators, and districts very seriously, especially in times such as these,” said Ms. Lillian Hartgrove, chair of the State Board of Education. “Our members and staff are standing by to make this process as smooth and transparent as possible under these circumstances.” During the special called meeting, members of the Board will also address guidance regarding licensure issuance for teacher candidates set to complete their educator preparation programs during the 2019-2020 school year. Current educator preparation rules require student teachers to obtain 15 weeks of classroom teaching time. However, school closures across the state may prohibit teacher candidates from completing these requirements. “The State Board of Education serves as a bridge between the state legislature and local school districts,” said Ms. Hartgrove. “We will work to clarify expectations as set forth in the statute so that every school district understands the expectations for this unprecedented school year.”Read full story
- Nine Programs Exceed Expectations in Latest Educator Preparation Report Card
- Advancing Our Schools Through a Strong Teacher Workforce
- Findings and Recommendations Report on Nashville Classical Charter School Appeal Released
- Media Advisory: State Board to Release Enhanced Annual Educator Preparation Report Card
- Media Advisory: State Board to Celebrate 2019 Blue Ribbon and ESEA Distinguished Schools
- Strengthening Our Emphasis on Special Education
Stay up to date with the State Board of Education
Keep up with the State Board and current initiatives by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and following us on Facebook and Twitter.