Educator Preparation Report Card
Rules and Policies
Search all State Board rules and policies.
View upcoming meeting dates and agendas.
Learn more about the State Board.
K-12 Math Academic Standards Review
Learn more about the academic standards review and how to submit feedback.
- March 31, 2020 Rulemaking Hearing - Employment Standards Rule 0520-02-06
- April 9, 2020 SBE Conference Call Meeting
- April 30, 2020 SBE Educator Preparation & Licensure Subcommittee Meeting
- May 4, 2020 Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission (MIC3) TN Annual State Council Conference Call Meeting
- May 28, 2020 SBE Workshop
- May 29, 2020 SBE Meeting
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.
In its newly enhanced Educator Preparation Report Card, the State Board identified nine educator preparation providers (EPPs) as exceeding expectations in their preparation of the state’s future teachers and school leaders. “Our latest report card shows us that more educator preparation programs are meeting or even exceeding expectations in their work to prepare our state’s future teachers,” said Dr. Sara Morrison, executive director of the State Board of Education. “As we continue our partnership with program providers, we look forward to continuing to raise the bar on how we define successful educator preparation in Tennessee.”Read full story
- Advancing Our Schools Through a Strong Teacher Workforce
- Findings and Recommendations Report on Nashville Classical Charter School Appeal Released
- Media Advisory: State Board to Release Enhanced Annual Educator Preparation Report Card
- Media Advisory: State Board to Celebrate 2019 Blue Ribbon and ESEA Distinguished Schools
- Strengthening Our Emphasis on Special Education
- State Invites Public to Share Feedback on K-12 Math Academic Standards
Stay up to date with the State Board of Education
Keep up with the State Board and current initiatives by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and following us on Facebook and Twitter.