A better Tennessee starts with strong teachers. Teachers impact every other profession in our state by developing people — equipping students with the critical knowledge, tools, and skills they need to succeed in post-secondary education, careers and beyond. Now more than ever, it is imperative that we have the finest teachers in Tennessee’s classrooms. Tennessee seeks to enter the top half of all states on student outcomes by 2020, so we must continue to implement the highest academic standards and commit to our mission of providing quality education to all students. By employing the best and the brightest teachers, we can better ensure we are truly preparing the children of Tennessee for success after high school.Read full story
- New State Board of Education Member to Visit Hamblen County Officials and Students
- The Recipe for Educational Success
- Newest Member to Join Board for Third Quarterly Meeting
- Bob Eby to Join Teacher Preparation Report Card Advisory Council
- Governor Haslam Appoints Local Teacher to State Board of Education
- State Board of Education to Hold Second Quarterly Meeting and Workshop of 2018
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.