By Bob Eby Public education is the most important institution to our nation’s success and survival. This one shared endeavor binds our communities together and gives us commonality in purpose, no matter where we come from or what our backgrounds may be. In order for public education to thrive, the focus must always be on each student’s opportunity to succeed. After all, that is why public education exists — to provide every student the greatest likelihood for success and to take advantage of the blessings of liberty. The State Board of Education's purpose is to provide strong policies that ensure our students are challenged and strengthened. We accomplish this through developing excellent educator preparation programs, setting high academic standards, and postsecondary readiness.Read full story
- Newest Member to Join Board for Third Quarterly Meeting
- Bob Eby to Join Teacher Preparation Report Card Advisory Council
- Governor Haslam Appoints Local Teacher to State Board of Education
- State Board of Education to Hold Second Quarterly Meeting and Workshop of 2018
- State Board of Education Releases Second Annual Teacher Preparation Report Card
- Advance Look at the Embargoed 2017 Teacher Preparation Report Card
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.