The Office of Disability Services is committed to meeting the needs of TRC students through a program of direct and support services. Services provided help to ensure equal access to academics and other campus services by working to identify and provide needed special accommodations in relation to student training programs, personal development activities, and employment recommendations, as well as through the provision of essential courses. The Disability Services team coordinates services and assists as an advocate and liaison for students who have special disability accommodation needs. Disability-related learning opportunities are also provided for staff and students.
Support / Enhancement Services provided include the following:
- Accommodation Services, including assessments, determinations, and Assistive Technology and Equipment recommendations for TRC students, as needed
- Assistive Technology / Equipment Loans for TRC students, if equipment is available
- Educational opportunities on disability-related topics for staff, students, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Pre-Intake Assessments for VR clients planning to attend TRC
- Evaluations and pre-training for VR clients planning to attend the Tennessee Business Enterprises program for blind vendors
- Disability Services enhancement courses