Tennessee SFSP Application

***Attention SFSP Applicants: SFSP applications must be submitted by May 1.  Any application submitted after that date will be declined.***

Become a program Sponsor, Site, or Volunteer

Interested in participating in the Tennessee Summer Food Service Program as a Sponsor or Site?

Contact us at TNSFSP.DHS@tn.gov or (615) 313-4749 to ensure that you are on the mailing list to receive all of the latest SFSP application updates.

The annual deadline for submitting applications is 30 days prior to the proposed beginning of meal service, and no later than May 1.

 In accordance with Title 7 Code of Federal Regulations Part 225.6(b)(3), “Within 30 days of receiving a complete and correct application, the State agency shall notify the applicant of its approval or disapproval. If an incomplete application is received, the State agency shall so notify the applicant within 15 days and shall provide technical assistance for the purpose of completing the application. Any disapproved applicant shall be notified of its right to appeal under [7 CFR] §225.13.”

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering the USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistance Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.