Are new teachers ready for their first day in the classroom? That question is critical to the Tennessee State Board of Education. The state legislature gave the State Board the responsibility of approving the educator preparation providers (EPPs) that prepare teachers, principals, and other educators in our state. Those programs might be at traditional colleges and universities or at alternative providers that provide pathways for non-education majors become teachers.Read full story
- State Board of Education Identifies Statewide Improvements in Third Annual Educator Preparation Report Card
- Lillian Hargrove Re-Elected as State Board of Education Chair
- State Board of Education to Recognize Blue Ribbon and ESEA Distinguished Schools at Quarterly Workshop
- How We Prepare Future Educators of Tennessee
- New State Board of Education Member to Visit Hamblen County Officials and Students
- The Recipe for Educational Success
Interested in past meetings?
View the agendas, items, and videos from past State Board meetings. Meeting materials are archived online for five years.