Join an Anti-Drug Coalition
In counties and communities across Tennessee, anti-drug coalitions are working to reduce dependence on harmful and potentially lethal substances such as prescription drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. These local efforts, funded by the State of Tennessee since 2008, help get the word out about the dangers and consequences of substance use. Download our onepager to learn more about our coalitions or click on the image on the right.
Coalitions in Action
The videos below show coalition members and employees and the impact they have on their communities.
Eight Ways Coalitions Benefit Tennessee Communities:
- Increase the number of community permanent prescription drug take-back boxes per community
- Conduct community based drug take-back events
- Work to standardize penalties for alcohol and drug offenders
- Education for individuals handling alcoholic beverage transactions
- Monitor current smoke-free ordinances to encourage enforcement
- Post anti-drug, anti-alcohol, anti-smoking billboards in the community
- Offer a reward for information on illegal drug manufacturing
- Engage youth to participate in drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free efforts
If you or someone you care for is in need of substance use treatment, call the Tennessee REDLINE anytime at 1-800-889-9789 for help now. Resources are available across the state. Those seeking help ending their nicotine addictions can find assistance at the toll-free Tennessee Tobacco QuitLine, 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).