The Office of Licensure is responsible for protecting Tennesseans who receive mental health, substance abuse, and/or personal support services. The goal is to ensure licensed behavioral health providers adhere to state laws and departmental rules in the care and services they provide.
The Office of Licensure:
- Conducts unannounced inspections and follow-ups of licensed facilities
- Conducts investigations of licensed, and unlicensed, service providers following reports of inadequate care
- Maintains files and records on all behavioral health facilities and services across Tennessee
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to licensed, and potential, providers.
- Works to protect your interests against unlicensed service providers.
If you have questions or wish to report suspected violations or submit a complaint, please call or fax the information to the appropriate regional office.
Main Phone: (865) 594-6551
Main Phone: (615) 532-6590
951 Court Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Main Phone: (901) 543-7442
Complaint Line: (866) 344-0858
Fax: Number: (844) 844-5538