The Office of Licensure is responsible for protecting Tennesseans who receive mental health, substance abuse, and personal support services. The goal is to ensure licensed providers adhere to state laws and departmental rules in the care and services they provide.
The Office of Licensure:
- Conducts unannounced inspections and follow-ups of licensed facilities and services
- Conducts investigations of licensed, and unlicensed, service providers following reports of inadequate care or violation of rules
- Maintains files and records on all alcohol and drug/mental health facilities and personal support service agencies across Tennessee
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to licensed providers and individuals/entities seeking information to become a licensed provider
- Works to protect your interests against unlicensed service providers
If you have questions or wish to report suspected violations or submit a complaint, please call or fax the information to the appropriate regional office listed below.
Main Phone: (865) 594-6551
Main Phone: (615) 532-6590
951 Court Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Main Phone: (901) 543-7442
Complaint Line: (866) 344-0858
Fax: Number: (844) 844-5538