Families First Community Grant Partners
About the Families First Community Grant
As a part of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Opportunity Act, The Families First Community Grant program was created as an additional method to invest TANF funds in ways to provide long-term benefits to low-income families and help them move towards economic stability.
The grants will support programs designed to address at least one of the following four purposes of the TANF program:
- Provide assistance to needy families so that children can be cared for in their own homes
- Reduce the dependency of needy parents on government benefits by promoting job preparation, work, and marriage
- Preventing and reducing the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies
- Encouraging the formation and maintenance of two-parent families
TDHS seeks to partner with eligible public and private organizations in Tennessee that demonstrate an understanding of the challenges low-income families experience in their communities and to provide solutions, including those related to:
- Health and well-being
- Economic Stability
- Safe, stable, and nurturing relationships
List of Current Grant Recipients
The complete list of grant recipients and services provided by each organization can be found below.
Search by County of Service