SNAP Claims Payment
What is a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Claim?
A Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Claim is an amount owed by a SNAP household to the Department due to receiving an overpayment in the SNAP program benefits due to either:
- A household mistake in reporting their circumstances to the Department;
- A Department error in determining the benefit amount for a SNAP household;
- A SNAP household making a false or misleading statement, misrepresenting, concealing or withholding facts; or
- A SNAP household selling or otherwise trading their SNAP benefits for money, drugs, weapons, or other non-approved items.
SNAP overpayment claims are established by the Department’s Program Integrity Division. When a SNAP overpayment claim is established, the SNAP household will receive a letter informing them about the overpayment claim and how to repay the claim.
How can my SNAP claim be repaid?
If the SNAP household is currently receiving benefits, a portion of their benefits will be withheld to pay back the SNAP overpayment. This is called benefit reduction. The SNAP household will receive a letter informing them of the SNAP benefit that they will receive after the benefit reduction is applied.
If the SNAP household is no longer receiving benefits, the household will need to contact the Department to establish a repayment agreement to pay back the SNAP overpayment claim in monthly installments.
How can I make my payment?
SNAP Households can also make SNAP overpayment claim payments online through the Department’s vendor, TouchPay. TouchPay is the Department’s vendor for online payments, specifically Child Support payments. TouchPay now accepts SNAP overpayment claim payments online. In order to use TouchPay to make a SNAP claim payments, you must:
- Go to the TN TouchPay website at: www.tpchildsupport.com
- Select the Register button
- Select the Benefit Repayment option
- Enter the following information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Claim Number
- Last 4 of your SSN
- Confirm your information
- Enter your payment amount and form of payment. * TouchPay accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover Card, and Paypal
- Confirm your payment and fee. * A 2.95% fee is applied to all credit/debit card payments.
- Enter your payment details and confirm your payment
Note: Payments made for Benefit Repayment are not applied to Child Support. Payments made through TouchPay will be credited to your claim within 2-3 days.
SNAP households who are not currently receiving benefits will receive claim statements monthly to remind them of their claim balance and the amount due each month per the agreement. These statements will have a prepaid envelope where the payment can be mailed back to Fiscal Services. The Fiscal Services return address is
TN DHS Fiscal Claims Repayment
505 Deaderick Street, 16th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-1403
Note: Please allow sufficient time for processing when sending payment through the mail in order to prevent late payment.
What happens if I do not pay my SNAP claim?
If a SNAP household fails to pay their SNAP claim, the claim will become delinquent. A delinquent SNAP claim may be subject to additional fees, garnishment of wages, and offset of Federal payments including tax refunds.
Who should I contact if I have questions about my SNAP Repayment Claim?
If you have questions about your SNAP claim, you can contact the Program Integrity Hotline at 800-241-2629.