Tennessee Green Star Partnership
The Tennessee Green Star Partnership (TGSP) is a voluntary environmental leadership program facilitated by the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation. The partnership recognizes Tennessee manufacturers that are committed to sustainability and that exhibit continuous improvement throughout their entire operation. Sharing successes, networking, and best management practices are just a few of the opportunities TGSP offers its members.
The program is partially funded through an EPA Pollution Prevention Grant designed to assist with the implementation of pollution prevention technical assistance services and/or training for manufacturers. The grant also supports projects that utilize pollution prevention techniques to reduce and/or eliminate pollution from air, water and/or land.
TGSP’s objectives promote the health and well-being of all Tennesseans and help stimulate economic development through avoided operational costs, supporting the Governor’s priorities. This public/private partnership has resulted in many positive environmental outcomes including significant CO2e emissions reductions through waste diversion and increased energy efficiency, supporting TDEC’s priorities.
For information about the Green Star Partnership application, review, and compliance process view the TGSP Workflow.
Inclusion in the TGSP directory for member networking and communication purposes
Educational and networking opportunities
Active promotion of your company by the Office of Sustainable Practices by recognition and solicitation of successes through:
- Webinars and video conferences
- Internet Blogs
- Other media outlets
- Use of the Tennessee Green Star Partnership logo on your website, promotional material, and displays
Note: All members will be checked yearly for compliance.
- Must currently operate under an active ISO 14001 certification and/or an environmental management system that conforms to ISO 14001.
- Must have a minimum three years of exceptional environmental compliance with Department of Environment and Conservation regulations.*
* Exceptional performance in environmental compliance and/or safety will be determined upon records review.
- Any events hosted/attended related to sustainability
- Exceptional safety record in organization
- Energy reduction goals achieved
This Page Last Updated: November 9, 2023 at 3:27 PM