Learn more about the permits required for landfills, hazardous waste generators, treatment, storage and disposal facilities, etc.
- Animal Feeding Operation (AFO) General State Operating Permit
- Aquatic Resource Alteration Permit (ARAP)
- Biosolids State Operating Permit
- Certificate of Approval for Safety or Dams
- Dye Trace Registration
- Inter-Basin Transfer Permit
- Mineral Test Hole Permit
- NPDES Permits
- NPDES Pretreatment Program
- Plans Review and Approval for Public Water Systems
- Plans Review for Sewage Works
- Septic Systems Permits
- Surface Mining Permit
- Underground Injection Control Permit
- Water and Wastewater Operator Certification
- Water Quality State Operation Permit
- Well Driller or Installer License
- Wellhead Protection Plan Approval
In 2012, the Tennessee General Assembly asked the Department to prepare two reports each year in February and August detailing the progress and efficiency of the environmental permit application process. The reports will be released on this webpage every February and August. Each report is composed of three parts including land, air and water permitting information, along with a summary.
Application for Pollution Control Equipment
Certification of Pollution Control Equipment for Property Tax or Sales Tax Eligibility (CN-0964). This form is used for the certification of water pollution control equipment, hazardous waste equipment, and air pollution control equipment (other than the following counties: Davidson, Hamilton, Knox & Shelby).
TDEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in the administration of its programs or activities, and does not intimidate or retaliate against any individual or group because they have exercised their rights to participate in or oppose actions protected/prohibited by 40 C.F.R. Parts 5 and 7, or for the purpose of interfering with such rights. TDEC’s nondiscrimination coordinator, Chris Pianta, may be reached at TDEC.TitleVI@tn.gov.
If it is hard for you to read, speak, or understand English, please see our Language Assistance webpage for more information about our free language assistance services.