Foster care is meant to be a temporary service until the family and in some cases, the child can address the problems that made placement necessary. But, when parents cannot, or will not, make their home safe for the child’s return, other permanent options are sought.
The Department of Children's Services is intentional in seeking dedicated foster parents to care for children in our custody. Through regional recruitment planning and state-wide marketing campaigns, we engage potential foster parents.
- Regional and local community engagement
- Referrals from existing foster parents
- Inquiries received through our toll-free inquiry line
- Posts and links on our social media platforms
- Learn more about foster care in Tennessee in this section.
If you are interested in fostering a child or learning more about becoming a Foster Parent for Tennessee children, please call 877-DCS-KIDS or fill out this easy inquiry form.