Adoptions Before 1951
This information applies to adoptions completed, or attempted, prior to March 16, 1951, and all records for the Tennessee Children’s Home Society.
Records in this category will be made available to:
- An adopted person age 21 years or older.
- The adopted person’s birth, adoptive, step- or legal parents who are 21 years of age or older.
- The adopted person’s birth or adoptive siblings who are 21 years of age or older.
- The adopted person’s lineal descendants who are 21 years of age or older.
- The legal representatives of any person listed above.
- Lineal ancestors age 21 and older
The records can include:
- Sealed adoption records
- Post-adoption records
- Court records
- Adoption agency records
- Records from the Department of Health, Offices of Vital Records
How to request records.
If you have other questions, feel free to Contact Us.