January 2022 Open Line
Do you want to quit smoking or using tobacco this year?
You have several options for free support!
- State health plan members can get FREE tobacco quit aids.
- The ParTNers for Health Wellness Program (powered by ActiveHealth Management) offers a free tobacco cessation program for state health plan members. (Enroll by calling 888-741-3390.)
- ANYONE has access to the TN Tobacco QuitLine, which offers online coaching and more!
WEAR RED WITH US! Join the DCS Wellness Council in wearing RED this coming Friday, Feb. 4 for National Wear Red Day to show-off your support for heart health. Please share your photo(s) to email@example.com to be entered in to win a wellness prize!
FEBRUARY EVENTS JUST FOR YOU:
- WFHTN offers a variety of live events completely complimentary to state employees. Try without any commitment! Just pop in, see if it interests you and stay if you want to give it a try. You don’t need a webcam or anything special. Just attend and engage with us! Grab a complete calendar of all our February events HERE.
- JOIN US AS WE MIX UP OUR MOVES THIS MONTH: The DCS Wellness Council is inviting YOU to try out daily workout videos (15 minutes or less) to experience a variety of different types of exercise. Because you won't know if you enjoy something until you try it! Do what you can, when you can in this challenge. (If you can't try out every day - that's a-OK!) Every workout completed/attempted that you submit gets you an entry into the challenge prize drawing.
- If you’re up for this challenge happening Tuesday, Feb. 1 through Monday, Feb. 28, please sign-up for the challenge communications HERE by 8 a.m. CT Monday, Jan. 31. (Note: You do not have to sign-up for these communications to participate in this challenge, and you can find the daily challenge calendar HERE.)
Employees of the Month
- Office of Child Safety: Suzanne Keck
- Juvenile Justice: Jacqueline “Jackie” Moore
- Knox: Catelyn Dean
- Smoky Mountain: Carol Davis
- Tennessee Valley: Anquanette Cameron
- Upper Cumberland: Vanessa Jones
Congratulations, everyone! And thank you!
WEEKLY WELLNESS TIP: Did you start 2022 with a new focus on health and well-being? Be sure to learn more about your Wellness Program. State employees enrolled in our health plan can earn cash incentives!
Get started at MyActiveHealth.com/WellnessTN. You can also call 1-888-741-3390 to connect with your onsite coach.
HEALTHY SLOW COOKER RECIPES: It's Slow Cooking Month. Easier clean-up and more free time? Yes, please! Here are two recipes selected by the WFHTN team.
BE WELL WITH WFHTN THIS WEEK!
Monday, Jan. 24:
- Laughter Yoga on Global Belly Laugh Day! from 11-11:30 a.m. Central
- Yoga for All (with Sophia) from 12-12:15 p.m. Central
Wednesday, Jan. 26:
- Yoga for All from 12-12:15 p.m. Central
Thursday, Jan. 27:
- DCS Thursday Fitness Break from 11-11:15 a.m. Central
- Healthy Mind, Healthy Body (webinar) from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Central
- 2022 Intentions Check-In with Lindsey from 1-1:15 p.m. Central
Friday, Jan. 28:
- Healthy Weight at Work (webinar) from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Central
- Yoga: Core&More from 12:15-12:45 p.m. Central
WEEKLY WELLNESS TIP: Did you know our Here4TN Employee Assistance Program offers services at no cost? Master’s level specialists are always available to help with stress, legal, financial, mediation, and work/life services.
They can even help you find a network EAP short-term counseling provider, a plumber who works nights, services for your elderly parents, theater tickets, all-night pharmacies and so much more!
WE’RE SPOTLIGHTING HEALTHY WEIGHT WEEK. Join our free “Healthy Weight at Work” webinar with WFHTN Registered Dietitian, Morgan, on Thursday, Jan. 20, and learn more about "What is a Healthy Weight?" HERE and "Healthy Weight Week" HERE. (For info on the Weight Management Program available to active State health plan members, please CLICK HERE.)
BE WELL WITH WFHTN THIS WEEK!
Tuesday, Jan. 18:
- Upping Your Activity at Home (webinar) from 11-11:45 AM Central
- Mindfulness Break with Morgan from 1212:15 PM Central
Wednesday, Jan. 19:
- Yoga for All from 12-12:15 PM Central
- Physical Activity Trivia with Kayla from 1-1:15 PM Central
Thursday, Jan. 20:
- Walk It Out with Kayla! from 10-10:15 AM Central
- DCS Thursday Fitness Break from 11-11:15 AM Central
- Healthy Weight at Work (webinar) from 12-12:45 PM Central
Friday, Jan. 21:
- Yoga: Core&More from 12:15-12:45 PM Central
WEEKLY WELLNESS TIP: Did you know all the resources provided by your DCS Wellness Council are FREE to you as State employees? Please CLICK HERE to keep up-to-date and join us in making 2022 the year of YOU!
- AIMING TO EAT HEALTHIER THIS YEAR? Even if you’ve had the same eating pattern for years, it’s not too late to make improvements! Check out "Improving Your Eating Habits" from the CDC to help guide you through a more thoughtful approach this year.
- HOBBIES FOR YOUR HEALTH! Did you know fun and relaxation are good for your health? Whether you’re an artist, athlete, musician, or movie buff, make time for your hobbies this year. Find out more info HERE.
- LIVE EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday: Yoga for All (with Sophia) from 12-12:15 p.m. CT
- Tuesday: Virtual Workout with Kayla! (Cardio & Core) from 9:30-9:45 a.m. CT
- Five Steps to Healthier Eating (webinar) from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. CT
- Yoga for All from 12-12:15 p.m. CT
- Thursday: DCS Fitness Break from 11-11:15 a.m. CT
- Friday: Yoga: Core&More from 12:15-12:45 p.m. CT