Waterfowl & Migratory Birds
Migratory Bird Hunting Information
Wheelchair-bound hunts, zones, or blinds are open to hunters who are totally and permanently confined to a wheelchair as certified by a physician.
Certain WMAs have special blind sites established for wheelchair-bound hunters which include: Camden, Cheatham Lake, North Chickamauga Creek, Old Hickory, Reelfoot, and West Sandy. See specific WMAs for regulations
On wheelchair-bound waterfowl hunts, each wheelchair-bound hunter must be accompanied by at least one, but not more than three assistants (at least one of whom must be age 16 years or older), who may also participate in the hunt.
Applications for wheelchair-bound hunts must be received by noon on the fourth Friday of October at the Region I Office (Camden), Reelfoot Office (Reelfoot), or Region II Office (Cheatham and Old Hickory)
- Camden Wheelchair Blind Application must be received at the Region I office (731-423-5725) or Reelfoot office (731-253-7343).
- Cheatham Wheelchair Blind Application must be received at the Region II office, (615) 781-6622.
- North Chickamauga Creek (Varner Unit) Wheelchair Blind Application is available from the Region III Office, (931-484-9571).
- Old Hickory Wheelchair Blind Application must be received at the Region II office, (615) 781-6622.
- Reelfoot Wheelchair Blind Application can be turned in to the Region I office (731-423-5725) or Reelfoot office (731-253-7343).
- West Sandy Wheelchair Hunts are first-come, first-served.
Temporary Blinds & Decoys on a WMA
Temporary blinds and decoys must be removed at the end of shooting hours each day unless otherwise indicated under the individual WMA listings.
All decoys must be removed by the owner of the blind within ten days after the close of waterfowl season unless otherwise indicated under the individual WMA listing.