Tennessee WildCasts are weekly podcasts brought to you in both video and audio formats.
These podcasts provide information on the mission of the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, outdoor events, and activities from hunting, fishing, boating, and just about anything outdoors.
You can listen right here or subscribe and follow on iTunes or Google Play. You can watch it on Facebook and YouTube. Come back each week and thanks for tuning in!
Catch WildCast on a station in your community.
- Wilson County TV - Saturday and Sundays at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST
- Smyrna TV Comcast Ch. 3 - daily at 11 a.m CST, and 8 p.m. CST
- Grundy County TV Ch. 6 – Saturday 9 a.m. CST, Monday 7 p.m. CST, Tuesday 9 a.m. CST
- True Blue TV - Tuesdays at 8 p.m CST - Comcast xfinity channels 9 and 1096; and channel 9.1 on the MTSU campus cable, channel 195 on DTC in Alexandria; digital channel 206 on United Communications in Chapel Hill, Channel 99 on AT&T U-verse, Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.
WildCast isn’t available in your area? Let your station know you would like to see Tennessee WildCast in your area. To learn more about this programming and other content email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WildCast features host, Jason Harmon, TWRA Information Specialist, Don King, Multimedia Development Chief, and longtime “voice of the TWRA.”
They bring to the air a variety of guests covering a huge array of outdoor content from fishing and hunting, boating, wildlife watching, and wildlife management. Other regular co-hosts include the regional TWRA Information Specialists, Amy Spencer, covering West Tennessee, Barry Cross in Middle Tennessee, Mime Barnes, from the Cumberland Plateau area, and Matt Cameron, with East Tennessee news and information.
The show also provides periodic insight behind some of the wildlife management decisions made by our governing board, The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission. Recent guests include Ed Carter, the Executive Director of the TWRA, and members of the TFWC.
- TWRA is looking for partnerships that can help us get our spring outdoor message to your listening audience.
- We would like to provide your station with added value by attracting new sponsors to you to help support the message and to bring new outdoor customers to their businesses.
- For more information, contact Don King at 615-838-4803 or email@example.com
- *Tennessee WildCast Broadcast Information
|RADIO STATION||TIME||WEBSITE||LOCATION||Additional Emails|
Cumberland River Aquatic Center Featured on WildCast
A trip to the Cumberland River Aquatic Center (CRAC) in Gallatin features a couple of WildCast episodes this month. In one episode, the crew meets with TWRA Senior Scientist, Dan Hua, and Mussel Conservation Coordinator, Jason Wisniewski. They dive into the life of freshwater mussels, how they reproduce, their diversity, and why they are so important to ecosystems of streams and rivers.
TWRA veteran David Sims talked to the crew about the Cumberland River Aquatic Center. David, TWRA personnel, and many partners played a huge role in the transformation of this facility and what it has become today.
Region IV Streams and Rivers Biologist Sally Petre "brings the creek" to the crew in an episode. Learn about some of the smaller fish of Tennessee that you may never see. Always have a fun conversation with Sally, her excitement for the biodiversity of our state is infectious.
Learn about the Tennessee Angler Recognition Program, aka TARP. The crew meets Andrew Paducah, the first person to reach TARP Level V. He will share some big fish stories from his adventures to reach this milestone. Sally also appears in the episode.