National Archery in the Schools Program
WHAT IS NASP?
Educators are looking for ways to improve student motivation, attention, behavior, attendance, and focus. Teachers strive to achieve state and national educational standards regarding the development of micro/macro motor ability, listening, and observation skills. They hope to engage each student in the educational process and develop relationships to promote graduation.
In addition, wildlife conservation agencies are concerned too many young people are forgoing learning outdoor skills that will inspire them to spend more time with wild things in wild places. Natural resource professionals are convinced that learning target-shooting skills will result in character and self-reliance development that will serve well the future of wildlife conservation.
NASP® is an activity that doesn’t discriminate based on popularity, athletic skill, gender, size, or academic ability. It’s a different kind of team sport.
It’s open to any student. Its biggest supporters are professional educators. Teams come together around one thing: Archery.
The National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) is a joint venture between state departments of Education and Wildlife along with several archery equipment manufacturers and organizations.
The program promotes student education, physical education, and participation in the life-long sport of Archery. This two to eight-week archery program focuses on providing International Style Target Archery training in physical education classes for grades 4-12.
HOW DOES A SCHOOL JOIN NASP?
1. Contact your TN NASP Coordinator: Don Crawford - email@example.com or 615.293.5746 or Matt Clarey – firstname.lastname@example.org or 931.456.3067 or https://www.naspschools.org/
2. Attend and Pass an 8-hour Basic Archery Instructor Certification Course
3. Buy a NASP Equipment Kit (Cost is approximately $3,200 per kit; grant money is available to applicants)
NASP IMPACTS EDUCATION
NASP is the largest youth archery program in history and currently serves over 2 million student archers. NASP continues to grow at about 1,000 schools per year, due to its ever-increasing relevance to promote student success and academic emphasis
- 40% of students work harder in the Classroom
- 58% of students feel more connected to their School
- 39% of students want to join a NASP Alumni Organization
- 50:50 Male to Female Participation
CONFIDENCE ~ SELF-ESTEEM ~ FRIENDSHIP ~ DISCIPLINE ~ SPORTSMANSHIP ~ SUCCESS
FROM THE BEGINNING NASP HAS:
- Taught archery skills to over 18 million students all over the world.
- NASP® doesn’t discriminate based on popularity, athletic skill, gender, size, or academic ability.
- Served students between grades 4-12.
- Caused NASP® students to work harder in the classroom.
- Taught focus, self-control, discipline, and patience.
- Helped students to feel more connected to their school.
If you need any more information or have questions please contact:
(615 ) 781-6542
More specific and detailed information is available at www.naspschools.org
Here are some helpful links as well: