Big Game Damage Control

Tennessee Code Annotated 70-4-115 states in part that, the owner of lands may destroy any wild animals, wild birds, or wild fowl when such wild animals, wild birds, or wild fowl are destroying property upon such lands. Any person, before destroying any big game under the conditions provided for in this section, is required to obtain a permit for destroying such big game. Such permit shall be issued by an officer of the wildlife resources agency. Big game is defined as deer, wild turkey and bear. The landowner should contact the TWRA regional office in which the property is located and an officer will be assigned to contact the landowner.

Map of Tennessee listing the the counties in each region of TWRA.


West Tennessee - Region I Middle Tennessee - Region II Cumberland Plateau - Region III East Tennessee - Region IV
Phone: 731-423-5725 Phone: 615-781-6622 Phone: 931-484-9571 Phone: 423-587-7037
Toll Free:  800-372-3928 Toll Free:  800-624-7406 Toll Free:  800-262-6704 Toll Free:  800-332-0900