FL102 Thermal Imaging
Safe and effective emergency response requires a complex thought process enhanced with training, experience and resources. . This thermal imaging class prepares the responder to be more proficient using thermal imagers yielding safer scenes.. . The goal of this class is to present proven applications using thermal imagers, point out limitations of thermal imagers and help the student properly interpret what the imager is displaying.
- $210 flat rate off campus
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- National Fire Protection (NFPA) 1801, Standard on Thermal Imagers for the Fire Service 2013 Edition
- Training Manuals and Specifications Publications from Thermal Imager Manufactures.
- Student will be able to describe the basic principle of infrared heat sources.
- Student will be able to describe basic thermal imaging technologies.
- Student will be able to describe applications of thermal imagers and limitations of thermal imagers.