Licensure Rules

Rules for Providers of Substance Abuse Services

In Tennessee, agencies and providers offering treatment services must be licensed through the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Office of Licensure. There are distinct and separate rules for Non Residential Rehabilitation Treatment, Residential Rehabilitation Treatment, Halfway House Treatment, and Residential Detoxification.

Related Links

Department Rules

Search the TDMHSAS Licensed Provider Database

Visit the TDMHSAS Licensing Page