Help is available for those who are experiencing a crisis and are intoxicated on drugs or alcohol.
Treatment is available through Medically Monitored Withdrawal Management Services (MMWM). Detox services are delivered by medical and nursing professionals. They provide 24 hour medically supervised evaluation and withdrawal management in a facility with inpatient/residential beds.
Who Is Eligible?
- Someone experiencing a mental health crisis and is intoxicated on drugs and/or alcohol
- Has a primary diagnosis of alcohol and drug use or abuse
- Is indigent and has no other financial means of getting help
- Is not eligible for Tennessee’s Medicaid program, TennCare or other types of insurance
- Has used all of their TennCare or other insurance benefits for alcohol and drug abuse treatment (has reached their maximum limit)
- Meets the one hundred thirty-three percent (133%) federal poverty guidelines
To receive MMWM services, you must have a referral.
Referrals can come from the following:
- All state-approved crisis teams
- All Tennessee Regional Mental Health Institutes
- Law Enforcement and
- General and psychiatric hospitals
For more information contact:
Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Phone: (615) 917-8177