Skip to Main Content

Find COVID-19 Information and Resources
WED-SAT Weekly Certification Access - Last digit of Claimant’s Social Security number: All numbers
Funding for LWA ($300) payments will stop after the week ending Sept. 5. Click Banner for Details.
The Work Search Requirement for Unemployment Claimants Starts with Sun., Oct. 4 Certifications Click Banner for Details


Provided under Tennessee workers’ compensation law

Employees who have suffered a compensable injury, meaning that the authorized treating physician has determined it to be work-related, may be entitled to receive the medical and wage replacement benefits as prescribed by the Tennessee workers’ compensation law.  Workers’ compensation benefits are not provided by this Bureau. Instead, they are provided by employers through their insurance providers or third-party administrators (TPAs).  

Two Types of Benefits

There are two main types of benefits: medical care for work-related injuries and illnesses; and, partial wage replacement for employees who are unable to work; or continue to work but earn less pay while recovering from their injuries. 

Receiving your benefits

All workers’ compensation benefits shall be issued timely to assure the injured employees receive the benefits on or before the date they are due. Unpaid or untimely paid benefits may be subject to a penalty.

Temporary disability payments for a compensable work-related injury or illness must be paid by the insurance company and received by the injured employee no later than fifteen (15) days after notice of injury. 

Temporary and part-time workers may be eligible to receive benefits; and, you don’t have to be a legal resident of the United States to receive most of them.

Compensation Rate Chart

Based on a variety of variables, the Tennessee Workers' Compensation Rates are adjusted depending on the date of injury. Rates are for weekly compensation, death benefits, funeral expenses, and medical benefits. View Comp Rates.

Need More Help?

If you have additional questions, please call 615-532-4812 or 800-332-2667 or contact us by email at Find out about other available assistance programs by contacting an ombudsman