Request for Proposals
The TDLWD Adult Education Division announces the availability of grant funds to provide adult education services in certain areas of Tennessee. Please click here to view the Request for Proposals (RFP) and Grant Application Guide.
This announcement includes a request for interested parties to apply to receive a grant to provide Adult Basic Education services in six (6) Tennessee Labor and Workforce Development Areas (LWDA) which include Northern Middle, Southern Middle, Upper Cumberland, Southeast, East, and Northeast Tennessee.
The Division also requests interested parties to apply for Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education grant(s) for counties in five (5) LWDAs which are Greater Memphis (Shelby), Northern Middle (Davidson, Rutherford), Southern Middle (Bedford), Southeast (Hamilton), and East Tennessee (Knox).
The opportunity for funding spans the period from July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2023.
- February 19, 2020 – RFP posted
- February 19-March 20, 2020 – Live Q&A available
- February 28, 2020 – “Intent to Apply and Demonstrated Effectiveness” due (NOTE: this is a “soft” due date. While we prefer to receive this information by February 28 if possible, interested parties may submit the “Intent to Apply and Demonstrated Effectiveness” forms at any point throughout the open application period.)
- April 17, 2020 – Applications due to the Division, and the Division sends to the Local Boards
- May 8, 2020 – Announcement and posting of grant awardees
Other RFP Documents
Adult Education, as part of the Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA), provides services to adults to build the knowledge and skills necessary for high school equivalency (HiSET), employment, post-secondary opportunities, and economic self-sustainability.
La Educación para Adultos, como parte de la Ley de Oportunidades e Innovaciones Laborales (WIOA), brinda servicios a adultos para desarrollar el conocimiento y las habilidades necesarias para la equivalencia de escuela secundaria (HiSET), empleo, oportunidades postsecundarias y autosostenibilidad económica. Para aplicar, llame a su programa local.