Benefits of Being a Bureau-Certified Physician
Certified Physicians will receive:
- More exposure to the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation System. The names and specialties of certified physicians will be published on the Bureau’s website, providing a directory of workers’ compensation physicians where none has existed previously. Employers and their workers’ compensation insurance carriers will have access to a network of trained physicians who accept workers’ compensation patients.
- Enhanced fees for completing forms and reports.
- Greater confidence that they have the knowledge and resources to meet the challenges associated with bringing workers’ compensation patients into their practices.
- Continuing Medical Education Credits.
- Training that satisfies requirements for seeking appointment to the Medical Impairment Rating Registry.
Benefits of Utilizing a Bureau-Certified Physician
- Accept workers’ compensation patients, so creating physician panels is easier for employers.
- Are formally trained and knowledgeable in the tasks that workers’ compensation requires of them, such as how to assign causation, work restrictions, and permanent impairment.
- Are easy to find, since their names and specialties are posted on the Bureau’s website.
- May lower workers’ compensation costs. Certified physicians will set goals and expectations early in the treatment timeline, so that injured workers will return to work as soon as possible. A quicker return to work leads to better overall health outcomes and lower treatment and disability costs.