The state of Tennessee National Flood Insurance Program has created this website for providing the most accurate and reliable information on floodplain management. The following links connect local decision makers and the public to a variety of tools and resources.
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 44
- Floodplain Management Requirements, FEMA 480
- Elevation Certificate, FEMA Form 086-0-33
- TN No-Rise Guidance Document
- Floodproofing Certificate, FEMA Form 086-0-34
- TN Communities Participating in the National Flood Program
- TN Floodplain Management Quick Guide
- FEMA Community Rating System: The National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements.
- TN Association of Floodplain Management: TNAFPM was created to promote education, policies and activities that prevent future flood losses, thereby protecting the natural and beneficial functions of Tennessee's floodplains.
- TN Model Ordinances: The model floodplain management ordinances were prepared by the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development in response to the requirement that local jurisdictions adopt regulations that are fully compliant with the requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). For most communities, the requirement to update regulations is triggered by revisions to the Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and associated Flood Insurance Study.