McMinn Co. SR-39 (New Englewood Rd.)Bridge over Middle Creek (PIN 124089.00)
Review Dates: September 12 & 13, 2022
Note: Participation in this review is voluntary, non-compensable, and will not prevent you from submitting a bid for the project. Anything you choose to share will remain in confidence. Any Contractor that is prequalified with TDOT's Construction Division may request participation by completing and submitting a Letter of Interest to Shawna Smith at Shawna.B.Smith@tn.gov.
The project consists of replacement of the existing bridge over Middle Creek on SR-39 between Athens and Englewood in McMinn County. The existing structure is a 6-span, 170.5-ft concrete bridge. The proposed structure will be a 3-span concrete bridge with a length of 200-ft. The existing typical section is 2-12 ft lanes with 3 ft shoulders. The proposed typical section will be 2-12 ft lanes with 8 ft shoulders. The proposed structure will be built along the existing centerline causing constructability concerns with phased construction.
The detour around the bridge following state routes is 20 miles long.
|Project Length:||0.141 miles|
|Design Speed:||55 mph|
|Typical Section:||Two (2) 12-ft lanes with 8-ft shoulders|
|Bridge:||200-ft, 3-span concrete bridge over Middle Creek|
|Intersecting Roads:||County Road 432 and County Road 567|
- Overhead utilities along the north side of SR-39 adjacent to the existing structure.
- Detour will impact the community emergency services and connection between Englewood and Athens.
- Potential Closure duration with phased construction.
- Limiting closure times to coordinate with school being out of session.
- Phased construction with the substructure of the existing bridge.