State Route 76 (US 79)Carroll County
The project along State Route 76 (US 79) in Carroll County involves widening and realignment of the existing roadway for approximately 12.6 miles. Due to the size of the project, the proposed improvements have been divided into three smaller sections.
- Section 1 - from Cades-Atwood Road, near the Gibson County line, to SR 77
- Section 2 - from SR 77 to Cutlip Lane
- Section 3 - from Cutlip Lane to Sydnor Road in McKenzie
Purpose and Need
The purpose of the project is to improve the route from Milan in Gibson County to McKenzie in Carroll County. The proposed project alignments are the result of a concerted effort to maximize safety, reduce adverse human and environmental impacts, and increase traffic capacity.
The following design features are included in the proposed reconstruction of SR 76.
- Widening SR 76 from a two-lane highway to a divided four-lane highway
- Realigning SR 76 to the southeast of Atwood and Trezevant
- Widening SR 76 to a five-lane highway to connect with the existing five-lane highway in McKenzie