COVID-19 Evidence Receiving Procedures
The TBI Crime Laboratories continue to accept and test evidence at all three locations: Nashville, Knoxville, and Memphis. With the ongoing spread of COVID-19, we have adjusted our Evidence Receiving process to continue operations while maximizing the safety of our employees and law enforcement partners. The following guidelines are in effect immediately and may be reevaluated as necessary:
• Mailed submissions (if appropriate) are encouraged.
• Routine evidence may be submitted directly to the laboratory with appointment.
• To set up an appointment you will need to visit: https://10to8.com/book/tbievidence/.
• Appointments allow us to better manage the flow of people at each location. Therefore, social distancing is maximized.
• For your safety, the safety of other customers, and the safety of TBI employees please adhere to your scheduled time.
• Evidence will be dropped off by law enforcement personnel in the Evidence Receiving lobby area, and law enforcement personnel will exit the building during the intake process.
o TBI Forensic Technicians will communicate with you during the intake process.
o Evidence will always be monitored by TBI Forensic Technicians. No evidence will be left unattended.
o Please complete all paperwork and properly seal evidence prior to drop-off.
• Evidence in which testing has been completed may be returned to law enforcement personnel using the same process.
• For emergency submissions, questions about the appointment process, or any other questions, you may contact the Evidence Receiving Unit of each laboratory directly.
o Nashville Laboratory: (615) 744-5520
o Knoxville Laboratory: (865) 549-7993
o Memphis Laboratory: (901) 379-3417