Public Records Requests
To file a public records request with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, follow these steps.
1. Download, review, and complete TBI's request form, available here.
2. Once complete, return the form to TBI in one of three ways.
- IN PERSON: You may submit your form, in person, at TBI Headquarters, 901 R.S. Gass Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37216.
- VIA MAIL: You may submit your form, via mail. Please address the form to: Public Records Request Coordinator/Professional Standards Unit, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, 901 R.S. Gass Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37216.
- VIA EMAIL: Please email your completed form, as an attachment to TBI.PublicRecords@tbi.tn.gov.
3. To check the status of an existing records request, please email TBI.PublicRecords@tbi.tn.gov.