May 21, 2022
9:00 am to 12:00 pm CST
Trevecca Towers 60 Lester Ave. Nashville, TN 37210
The Tennessee Department of Human Services Adult Protective Services team is responsible for preventing and stopping the abuse of adults who may not have the capacity to protect themselves. One way to prevent financial fraud is to destroy records and paperwork such as credit card statements, old checks, tax returns, and other documents that can be used for identity theft.
On May 21, 2022, the Department of Human Services will join other Middle Tennessee Elder Watch Committee members and KnightHorst Shredding, Recycling, and E-Waste for a Drive-Thru Shred Event.
About the Event:
- The event is not intended for commercial purposes. Some items people may consider shredding include credit card statements, old checks, tax returns, and any information a thief can use to steal your identity.
- You do not need to remove paperclips or staples. A prescription medication drop box will also be available to anyone wanting to
safely dispose of unneeded medication. This is a drive-thru, drop-off event.
- Participants should follow signs to drive- thru the event. Trevecca residents will have a drop-off location separate from the drive-thru.
- Volunteers will remove shred items and unneeded prescriptions from your vehicle.
- This is a first-come, first-serve event. Once the shred truck is full, no other shred items will be accepted.