Watershed Planning Coordination
The nutrient management pages are currently being edited. Please check back for updates.......
Tennessee Department of Agriculture and Department of Environment host planning coordination meetings with partners and agencies engaged in watershed planning in Tennessee. The Watershed Planning Coordination meetings bring together these agencies and partners to a common forum in order to:
- enable coordination of objectives and priorities,
- build up planning capacity and resources, and
- align funding and technical support.
This type of coordination is taking place in the hope that every watershed in Tennessee can have a plan for the protection of water resources, restoration of water quality, and management of activities within watersheds.
Welcome to a compilation of watershed plans and spatial resources. The purpose of this map is to assist in comprehensive watershed planning and restoration project coordination in Tennessee.
Planning Agencies Involved:
|Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation (TDEC)||Tennessee Department of Agriculture (TDA)|
|Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)||US Geological Survey (USGS)|
|Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)||The Nature Conservancy (TNC)|
|National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)||Tennessee Association of Utility Districts (TAUD)|
|University of Tennessee Extension||Tennessee Division of Forestry|
|Other Academic Institutions|
Resources for Watershed Planning:
- Guide to TN Watersheds (TDEC)
- Landowners Guide to Streambank Stabilization (TDEC)
- Watershed Approach Handbook (with Tennessee Case Study) (The Nature Conservancy)
- (Tennessee Environmental Council)
- (Environmental Law Institute)
- (Tennessee Valley Authority)
This Page Last Updated: October 18, 2022 at 11:52 AM