The nutrient management pages are currently being edited. Please check back for updates.......
Overview of Riparian Buffers and Stream Function
If you are looking for an introduction to riparian buffers and stream function, these short videos are the place to start.
- Riparian Forest Buffers
- Riparian Buffers
- Riparian Buffer Types, Functions, and Values
- Remarkable Riparian- Steve Nelle explaining Lane's Balance
Nueces River Authority's Remarkable Riparian Digital Short Course
For those who may want to do more in-depth learning about stream function and riparian buffers, the Nueces River Authority, in Texas, has produced a very informative digital short course.
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson1: Debunking the Myths
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 2: Defining Riparian
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 3: Function Produces Values
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 4: How A River Works
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 5: The Impacts of Channel Degradation
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 6: The Importance of Riparian Vegetation
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 7: What Hinders Function and Recovery
- Remarkable Riparian Lesson 8: Riparian Degradation and Recovery
Best Management Practices & Techniques
Ready improve your riparian buffer? Check out the videos below for guidance.
Buffer Webpage Resources:
- Tennessee Department of Forestry
- Urban Forests
- Urban Riparian Buffer Program
- Urban Riparian Buffer Handbook
- EPA - Riparian Buffer Width, Vegetative Cover, and Nitrogen Removal Effectiveness: A Review of Current Science and Regulations
- EPA Riparian Buffer Width Document
- Landowners Guide to Streambank Stabilization
This Page Last Updated: September 22, 2021 at 3:56 PM