Hazardous Waste Annual Report Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I get an extension for the March 1 deadline?

A: There are no extensions for the March 1 deadline. We would much prefer that facilities send in an incomplete report with payment to meet the deadline and follow-up with the rest of the report later.

Q: Can I pay with a credit card?

A: Yes! Please give the fiscal department a call at 615-532-0065 and explain you would like to pay for your hazardous waste annual report fees with a card over the phone. They may request you fax a copy of the fee sheet as well.

Q: If my facility is a Very Small Quantity Generators (VSQG), do I need to send in a report?

A: As long as your facility has maintained its VSQG status for all of 2018 AND your facility is listed as VSQG in our system, then you are not required to send in a report.  However, the Division of Solid Waste Management always encourages all generators to submit an annual report to keep your records up to date.

Q: How do I know my facility’s generator status?

A: Looking at the HN-EA form that was included in your HW Annual Report package, the generator status that is automatically selected is what your facility was listed as on the date the package was generated.

Q: Where do I send my report and fees? Do I have to send them to separate places?

A: Please send everything (report, fee, and RF-FDS form) to your auditor on the 14th floor. We will ensure your fee and RF-FDS form get to the appropriate places.

Hazardous Waste Activity Audit
TDEC - Division of Solid Waste Management
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 14th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243

Q: I have questions regarding the RF-FDS sheet included with my report.

A: Please contact Jaime Thompson at 615-532-0922 or Jaime.Thompson@tn.gov

Form Description Form Number
Hazardous Waste Environmental Activity Notification CN-1446
Annual Hazardous Waste Remedial Action Fee Report CN-1394

This Page Last Updated: February 22, 2022 at 8:27 AM