Framework for Non-Public Schools
According to state law and State Board of Education Policy, all classroom teachers must be evaluated. This includes but is not limited to:
- Special needs teachers
- Vocational teachers
- Specialist area teachers (i.e., art, PE, or music teachers)
- Library Media Specialists
Frequently Asked Questions
A teacher with an Apprentice and Professional License must be evaluated every year.
- Apprentice Teachers, year 1 & 2: minimum of 3 observations per year with feedback and accompanying documentation.
- Apprentice Teachers, year 3: minimum of 2 observations per year with feedback and accompanying documentation.
- Professional Level Teachers: minimum of 2 observations.
No one may evaluate a teacher until he or she has been trained in the Framework for Evaluation model. The training consists of 2 days spread over several months. After Day 1 training, the evaluator may begin the evaluation process.
These educators are evaluated through the Special Groups Model and the Library Media Specialist Model, both of which are taught during a special half-day training.