Employment Benefits and Resources
The Department of Correction employs more than six thousand six hundred Tennesseans across the state. While correctional officer positions are the most common, the department is always looking for great nurses, probation parole officers and administrators interested in the field of corrections.
Policy 302.12 Drug-Free Workplace (pdf format)
Equal Employment Opportunity Utilization Report (pdf format)
Important: Before being able to view a PDF file, you must download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Sign-On Bonus Program for Correctional Officers and Nurses
- Employee Referral Program
- What is it? (pdf format)
- Guidelines (pdf format)
- Annual Leave (One Day Per Month)
- Sick Leave (One Day Per Month)
- 401K or 457K Deferred Compensation Programs
- Health Insurance (80% State Paid)
- Approximately 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union
- Sick Leave Bank Eligibility (after one year of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cash Overtime/Compensatory Time (Based Upon Status as Exempt or Non-exempt)
- Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace (Policy 302.12)
- Generous Retirement Package with Insurance Options
- Employee Suggestion Program
- Uniforms & equipment are furnished for correctional officer, building maintenance and food service positions.
- There are many additional benefits available.