Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
Home and Community Based Services provides adults age 60 and over and adults with physical disabilities who are at risk of entering long-term care facilities the option of receiving services in their homes. OPTIONS for Community Living is a state-funded program. Title III-B is federally funded through the Older Americans Act.
The services offered through HCBS are provided to clients based on availability and level of need. They include the following:
- Homemaker services
- Personal care
- Home-delivered meals
To be eligible for the OPTIONS program, an individual must:
- Be a resident of Tennessee
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) limitation requirements
To be eligible for Title III-B in-home services, an individual must:
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Must meet ADL and IADL limitation requirements
To find out more about HCBS services, contact your local Area Agency on Aging and Disability at 1-866-836-6678.