Over 227,437 rides were provided with TCAD/Older Americans Act funding in 2017.
MyRide TN is an expanding, sustainable, senior-friendly volunteer transportation service that has taken root in Tennessee. Volunteer drivers use their personal vehicles to carry older Tennesseans to a variety of destinations, including medical appointments and grocery stores. Rides are provided Monday–Friday and priority is given to doctor appointments.
Participants are 60 years of age and older, live independently and walk independently (or with assistance from walkers or canes), but do not drive. *To date, Knox County is the only area to provide transportation to those in wheelchairs. Volunteers are screened, trained, coordinated and monitored to ensure safe and secure door-through door service.
All MyRide TN drivers must have a valid Tennessee license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance. Additionally, MyRide providers purchase excess auto, medical and liability insurance for volunteers, drivers who are also safeguarded by state and federal Volunteer Protection laws.
MyRide is a membership program, and each program determines the membership fee and the per ride cost. For availablility across the state, scan the page below or review the status of volunteer transportation programs across the state as of June 2019.
- MyRide West TN (serving Madison and Henderson Counties)
- iTN Memphis (operates in the I-240 loop in Shelby County)
- MyRide Northwest Tennessee (serving Gibson County)
- MyRide Upper Cumberland
- SeniorRide Nashville (Davidson County)
- MyRide Lawrence County
- WayToGo Fairfield Glades (Fairfield Glade community only)
- Round About Roane (Roane County only)
865-354-0450, ext. 228
- Stay in TV (Tellico Village) (Loudon Co)
- Senior SMiles (Blount County)
- Knoxville-Knox County Volunteer Assisted Transportation (Knox Co – offers wheelchair transportation)
- Senior SMiles (Claiborne Co.)
- MyRide Kingsport (Sullivan County)
- MyRide Jonesborough (Washington County)
- MyRide Southeast (Bradley County and Hamilton County)
- MyRide Oak Ridge
- Claiborne County SMiles
- MyRide Johnson County
Bringing MyRide TN to Your Area
This is a slow process—well worth the effort, but slow nonetheless. MyRide requires coordination and approval among multiple entities, careful documentation, and the support and hard work of more than a few people.
The expense of bringing the program to each area is different because the cost is based upon an assessment of local need. But the general operation of the program is more or less the same.
Do you have questions about MyRide TN? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation.