Please visit the following sources for the most accurate and up-to-date information, guidance, and resources on COVID-19.
Resources for Volunteer Organizations and Volunteers
- Guidelines for Volunteer Organizations and Volunteers During COVID-19 Outbreak in Tennessee
- Volunteer Centers for volunteer opportunities amid COVID-19 concerns:
o West Tennessee: Volunteer Memphis
o Middle Tennessee: Hands On Nashville
o East Tennessee: Volunteer East Tennessee
United Way of Greater Chattanooga
- Points of Light Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- Office of First Lady Maria Lee: Serving Neighbors From Afar
- 10 Ways to Safely Help Your Community During COVID-19 from the Corporation for National and Community Service
- An Open Letter to Decision-Makers in Volunteer-Supported Organizations and Entities
- Managing Unaffiliated Volunteers in Times of Disaster
- Managing Spontaneous Volunteers in Times of Disaster-Trainer Guide
Below are a list of virtual volunteering and service-learning ideas for schools and service-learning educators.
- Volunteer Tennessee Board Members created a list of ideas of COVID safe service activities- See "Continuing Service-Learning Through the Pandemic"
- Youth Service America has a resource page on “How Youth Can Help Communities Respond To & Recover From the Coronavirus Pandemic” at https://ysa.org/covid/.
- Hasbro, Youth Service America, Design for Change USA, and World's Largest Lesson are calling on youth to use their compassion and creativity to do acts of good from home. Learn more about the Do Good from Home Challenge here.
- Learning to Give has made available guides that feature service projects you can do from home. These Simple Safe Service projects give families ideas for generous actions that encourage the voices of youth and promote the common good, even when we are apart.
- Points of Light has a list of “At home service project ideas for kids and teens,” available here.
- Nashville organization, The Oasis Center has created service-learning project guides like “The Birthday Box”.
Guidance for Tennessee AmeriCorps Programs
- Volunteer TN Memo Regarding COVID-19 Guidance and Policy
- Team Tennessee COVID-19 Response Webinar
- Team Tennessee COVID-19 Webinar Q&A
- Team Tennessee AmeriCorps Staff Basecamp Posts on COVID-19
- Program Guidance Related to Coronavirus – Member Allowable Activities
- Teleservice Policy and Procedures Template
- Sample Teleservice Authorization Form
- CNCS COVID-19 FAQs and Information
- CNCS AmeriCorps State and National Guidance-Teleservice