Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism & Service-Learning
Save the Date: The 2020 Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning (TCVSL) will be held February 9-11, 2020 in Franklin, TN.
Volunteer Tennessee is currently seeking Conference Planning Committee members. The Planning Committee will assist with the following:
- Reviewing and selecting workshops
- Outreach and marketing
- Conference plenary speakers and service projects
- Planning activities to enhance the conference experience for attendees
- Provide feedback on conference program
Additional Committee Needs:
- Student Track: Students are needed to plan the Conference Student Track. Students can find more information about Student Track Committee responsibilities here.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Track: The CSR Track will take place on Monday, February 10. Business/corporate professionals are needed for planning the topics, presenters, and details for that Monday.
Committee planning calls will begin in July or August. Please contact Stephanie Houghton at email@example.com or 615-741-9237 to sign up for any of the above committees.
What is the Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning?
The tenth annual Tennessee Conference on Volunteerism and Service-Learning aims to increase service and volunteerism across Tennessee. The conference will encourage service leaders and participants to collaborate to address needs in Tennessee while utilizing service as a vehicle for education and change. We are challenging our participants to understand the impact of utilizing service as a vehicle for community change.
Our main audiences for the conference are all service leaders across Tennessee, including but not limited to:
- Non-Profit and Volunteer Management professionals
- National Service Programs (AmeriCorps, VISTA, NCCC, and Senior Corps staff and members)
- Service-Learning Practitioners (P-16)- In partnership with the Tennessee Service-Learning Consortium (TN-SLC) the conference includes a Higher Education Faculty Track for college and university participants committed to promoting active citizenship as an aim of higher education.
- Government Leaders
- Corporation/Businesses- The conference offers a day of Corporate Social Responsibility workshops
- Students- The conference includes a Student Track
Interested in becoming a conference sponsor or vendor? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.