Volunteer Tennessee is an Employer of National Service
Volunteer Tennessee encourages AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other National Service alumni to apply for position openings. Volunteer Tennessee is committed to employing National Service alumni whenever possible.
Volunteer Tennessee is proud to be a Charter Member of Employers of National Service. Employers of National Service builds a talent pipeline which connects AmeriCorps and Peace Corps alumni with leading employers from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors to create recruitment, hiring, and advancement opportunities. Through this initiative, employers will have increased access to a dedicated, highly-qualified, and mission-oriented pool of potential employees.
Volunteer Tennessee seeks qualified candidates for the following position:
AmeriCorps Program Manager
Please click here for the full position description. To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 15, 2021.
Volunteer Tennessee is currently seeking energetic and organized interns for the 2021 Summer and Fall semesters.
Interns will mostly support the planning and coordination of two large events: The Governor’s Volunteer Stars Awards (GVSA) and the Tennessee Conference for Volunteerism and Service-Learning (TCVSL).
The GVSA is an initiative that seeks to recognize one outstanding youth and one outstanding adult volunteer from each of Tennessee's 95 counties. Interns would be involved in research, graphic and content creation, recordkeeping, and outreach to current stakeholders and potential partners.
TCVSL is a statewide conference that brings together leaders of change to encourage meaningful collaboration across different service sectors. Interns would be involved in planning conference events and working with speakers, the planning committee, volunteers and other event staff.
Depending on time of year, duties might include, but are not limited to:
- GVSA-Edit and update program material including honoree biographies and district information
- GVSA– Help ensure timely submission of documents and confirmation through outreach to County Coordinators via e-mail and telephone
- GVSA-Research potential partnerships to expand GVSA’s reach in order to update existing contact list and execute an outreach plan.
- GVSA-Assist and/or design program presentation and digital graphics for GVSA stakeholders
- TCVSL-Coordinate with various Conference Working Groups and promote youth involvement by assisting the Student Track Planning Committee
- TCVSL-Review workshop submissions, help with planning conference activities, speakers, and schedule
- Social media content planning and creation for TCVSL and GVSA
- Assist with post-GVSA and TCVSL tasks such as organizing the award mail-out and survey/data analysis
- Other Conference and GVSA tasks as needed
Interns must have excellent communication and organization skills and a heart for service.
Persons interested in future staff or internship opportunities at the commission are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.