Governor's Volunteer Stars Awards
The Governor's Volunteer Stars Awards (GVSA) is an initiative from Volunteer Tennessee that seeks to recognize outstanding volunteers from each of Tennessee's 95 counties. With the program now in its thirteenth year, participating counties conduct a call for nominations and recognize one outstanding youth and one outstanding adult volunteer. The Governor’s Volunteer Stars Awards also recognizes one business and one non-profit from each of Tennessee’s three Grand Regions for their outstanding community involvement and service.
The 2022 GVSA will take place on April 2, 2023 at the Franklin Marriott in Franklin, TN. Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter or check this page often for updates for the 2022 GVSA.
The GVSA provides an opportunity for individuals and organizations to support service in the state and Tennessee's volunteers through any of the the following:
- Become a County Coordinator and facilitate the local nomination process . Click here for the list of counties that need coordinators.
- Reach out to your local county coordinator to learn more about nominating a volunteer- The County Coordinator Directory will be available in Fall 2022.
- Nominate a Business or Nonprofit that has impacted your community through their volunteer efforts. The application will re-open during the Fall 2022.
- Become a GVSA sponsor or reserve an ad in the GVSA Award Booklet. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to receive a sponsorship packet.
- Volunteer Tennessee will be seeking local leaders to serve as county coordinators in counties that are not currently participating in the Governor's Volunteer Stars Awards (GVSA). For more information, please email email@example.com.
Governor's Volunteer Stars Awards Honorees and Ceremonies
Those named a 2020 Governor's Volunteer Star were celebrated through virtual ceremonies that premiered on February 7, 2021 to honor and celebrate volunteerism in Tennessee.
The virtual awards ceremonies are available for viewing here: