State ResourcesCreated: August 30, 2022
- Empower Tennessee - A Center for Independent Living providing information and referral, peer support, advocacy, skills training, transition services, employment readiness, benefits counseling, ADA consultations, and Braille transcription to people with disabilities.
- Tennessee Disability Coalition (T.A.R.P.) - An alliance of organizations and individuals joined to promote the full and equal participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- Tennessee Department of Commerce & Insurance (Codes Enforcement) - The Codes Enforcement section enforces statewide adopted fire and building construction safety codes and standards to afford a reasonable degree of safety to life and property from fire and hazards incident to the design, construction, alteration, and repair of buildings or structures.
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission - An independent state agency created in 1963 to encourage, promote and advise the public of their human rights. In 1978 the Commission transformed in an enforcement agency through the passing of the Tennessee Human Rights Act (THRA) and later, the Tennessee Disability Act (TDA), which together prohibit discrimination in housing, employment, and public accommodation on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, disability, familial status (housing only), and age (over 40 in employment).
- Tennessee ADA State Resource Network - Information, Guidance and Training on the Americans with Disabilities Act for the Southeast States
- TN Relay Information - Tennessee Relay Service allows a person who is Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf and Blind or who has a Speech Disability to communicate over the telephone in a way that is functionally equivalent to a traditional telephone user. Tennessee Relay Service provides a variety of options, all available at no cost for users.
This Page Last Updated: August 30, 2022 at 2:37 PM