The Codes Enforcement section enforces statewide adopted fire and building construction safety codes and standards to afford a reasonable degree of safety to life and property from fire and hazards incident to the design, construction, alteration, and repair of buildings or structures.
- State Codes Adoption & History [pdf] *Updated November 12th, 2019*
- When Plans Submittal Is Required [pdf]
- Plans Submittal Requirements [pdf]
- Plans Review Fee Calculator [pdf]
- Fee Schedule [pdf]
- Exempt Jurisdictions [pdf]
- Submit Plans Review Projects Online
- Search for the Plans Review Status of a Project
- Plans Submittal Portal Application Guide [pdf]
- Electronic Plans Submittal Preferences [pdf]
- Rules for Review of Construction Plans and Specifications [Rule 0780-2-3]
- Rules for Adopted Codes and Standards [Rule 0780-2-2]
- Statute for Statewide Building Construction Safety Standards (LexisNexis) [TCA 68-120-101]
- Hand Sanitizer and Drills Guidance for Schools [pdf]
Some files are Adobe Reader® Files [pdf], 6.0 or higher. You may need to DOWNLOAD a free copy of Adobe Reader® to view these files.